Who we Are -- Seeking, Growing, Serving
Here at Woodland Baptist Church we are committed to...
1. Seeking God with all of our hearts. We want the pursuit and worship of Christ to be the passion of our lives, and we want it to be reflected in how we use our time, our abilities, and our resources.
- You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
2. Growing deeper in our relationship with God and with one another. We believe that God has called us to grow into the image of Christ, to nurture people of all ages in their relationship with Him, and to walk ever more closely with one another in the journey of faith that we all share.
- Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Philippians 3:12
- We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. Ephesians 4:15
- We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well. I Thessalonians 2:8
3. Serving God by sharing His love and spreading the message of the gospel wherever He leads us. We will do whatever it takes and go wherever it takes because we understand that this is what Jesus did for us.
- You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8
- Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40
- Love your neighbor as yourself. Luke 10:27